BRANDYWINE VALLEY ACTIVE AGING:
While Chester County has reached the Green Phase of Governor Wolf’s strategic phased reopening plan, the risk to vulnerable populations continues, and as such, Brandywine Valley Active Aging facilities will remain closed for group activities until further notice. During these facility closures, several programs and services remain available at all three campuses as outlined below:
GRAB-N-GO LUNCHES AND PRODUCE DISTRIBUTION
Brandywine Valley Active Aging will continue to operate our Grab-N-Go meal program, offering both drive-thru and walk-up service at both our Coatesville and Downingtown campuses.
Coatesville Campus: Lunch Service: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 12PM to 1:30PM.
*A total of five meals are provided for those who reserve for all three pick-up days.
• Produce Day: Thursday from 12PM to 1:30PM
Downingtown Campus: Lunch Service: Tuesday and Thursday from 12PM to 1:30PM
• Produce Day: Tuesday from 12PM to 1:30PM
• Reservations are required and can be made by calling either the Coatesville Campus at 610-383-6900 or the Downingtown Campus at 610-269-3939.
• Face masks or face coverings are REQUIRED for anyone visiting the drive-thru or walk-up service.
• Visitors using the drive-thru MUST remain in their vehicle at all times.
• Visitors using the drive-thru MUST clear a space in the vehicle for our volunteers to place your meal.
• Visitors MUST choose ONE campus to receive meals and produce from – you may NOT receive lunch and/or produce from both campuses.
When safe to do so, a limited number of one-on-one appointments are available at our Coatesville Campus to assist guests with completing applications for programs such as the PA Property Tax and Rent Rebate, the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program, Rent Certificates, Notary, and more.
Appointments are required and can be made by calling the Coatesville Campus at 610-383-6900.
• Face masks or face coverings are always REQUIRED.
• Visitors should not arrive more than 5 minutes early for their appointment – you will be asked to remain in your vehicle if you arrive too early.
• Visitors must check-in at the front door, answer a health screening and have their temperature checked.
• Visitors are encouraged to bring their own ink pen for completing paperwork.
• There can be no physical contact (hugging, shaking hands, etc.) during your appointment.
VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING AND TECHNOLOGY LENDING
BVAA is offering several programs using online platforms such as Facebook Live, YouTube, and Zoom. To participate, registrants will need a smart device (iPhone, Android, etc.), a computer (desktop, laptop, tablet, etc.), access to the internet, and an email address.
For those who do not have smart devices or computers, Brandywine Valley Active Aging has a limited number of tablets available for lending to members only.